Friday, May 28, 2010

Goodbye Prahran, Hello Abbotsford.

I should be packing. right now.

But of course packing is the pits and so I am procrastinating on the net, oggling other peoples blogs wishing I could write, take photos, style, review as well as them.

Already I have come to the conclusion that I own copious amount of shit that has no real use at all on my life. I sit and wonder how I have managed to accumulate so much stuff in the last 29 years - where did all this stuff come from? You begin life with nothing but your bare naked self and then suddenly you need a massive truck to move all the things you own.

Although moving is.... well..... such a pain in the arse... it is also a time of opportunity. To shed. And be free from everything tying you down. To start a fresh. To lighten your load. I have moved that many times I'm not sure I could even count them any more. I just recently found out from a work mate, as we walked the beaten track towards the coffee shop together, that she has never moved once in her life. Not once. She bought the house she grew up in from her parents. I can't even imagine this - and it scares me to imagine what stuff has not been gotten rid of because of it. I can't imagine living in a world with no new starts, no change, no freedom.

Suddenly the opportunity of moving isn't seeming so bad after all, here's to the next chapter in my life... and whatever that may bring.

(photos of the area near my house, beautiful no? Can you believe I am moving closer to Melbourne city!?)



No comments:

Post a Comment