Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am the mistake in you, you are the mistake in me, we are the mistake in each other

The broken doll, watery eyes, her delicate skin
Over years, emotion too bold has scratched her paper thin
A soul, in time, blackened with lies and slush
From the very man she thought she would be able to trust

Told to play in the garden, mocking her with this farce
this marks the spot where she attended life class
that between her legs, little cunt, not worth much more
An innocent version now, soon to be someone's whore.

The hatred runs deep and over years, daddy dear
I know I'm not worth more than what you paid for that beer
For myself, be assured, that I won't gamble
or dare to even think, you may be slightly culpable

But appear he did, in an unconventional tide
the broken boy, too,matched my pattern, similarities couldn't hide
I was swept into his soul, a patchwork quilt like mine
the promise of a fix, it would only take some time

I never felt so high, my desperate fingernails clung in cracks and all
So this is what it's like to be free, floating up on a pedestal
the passion, custom cut, soft felicitation
But this euphoric little band-aid covers nothing of the fatal laceration

Foolishness gags me, lies sit heavily on my chest
With one whisper, poison is infected in his breath
holding up the mirror, truth and hope again are torn
the scars reminding me, of nothingness, my skin adorns

You threatened to drain this new life, this cure from my veins
Cannot you then see, that this unlocked insane
He wanted you to feel, I wanted you to see
The crude oiled pain that was infected into me.

But alas I take my cue, and now play out my part
Slowly killing what little left there is of my pathetic heart
The shape of a circle, the message that it sends
Tells me this fiery red hell of mistakes will not ever end.

2 comments: