Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scene 1 take 5, Rolling, Background action, and Action

Well I don't know what you have been doing for the last two days but I have been making some serious coin for sitting on my arse and having a ball with some stella ladies!  That's right, I was being an extra... on a pilot for channel 7, I literally was on set for about an hour and a half for each 12 hour day I did.  It;s quite and experience and I would highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.  It's a whole lot of chaos, a whole load of wannabe's, a whole lot of catering, a whole lot of streamlined jobs (Mr Ford would be proud), a whole lot of gaffa tape and a whole lot of waiting around.  Still beats doing your actual real job.

We were in a scene where we were girls attending our 10 year reunion from our all girls high school.  It was quite funny to see art imitating life and vice versa.  In two days, 50 or so woman had made their little groups and cliques, we all knew who the bitch group was (it was Kate Nielson by the way, the psycho chick who used to date Wayne Carey before she got fucked off her nut and tried to glass him - hasn't she fallen from Grace, although I'm not really sure she had far to fall.  One of her croonies seriously looked like a tranny, in was awkward) there was the daggy group, there were the loners, their were the annoying group, and then there was my group.

Kim, a member of this group reckons we were the cool group, I'm not sure about that but I can definitely say that we had the most laughs and cheeky behaviour.  We had a freakin ball.  Hanging out in that condensed amount of time was like going out together at least 20 times so of course we had got, very quickly to the sex talk and the dirty jokes.  We were a misfit type of bunch and I don't think I would have ever met these ladies had I never been an extra.  There were 2 ladies with 2 kids, a youth studies teacher, a jazz singer from Frankston, a sailor tatted metal head from Elwood, an International Studies student from Mildura who was having a long distant relationship with a fat frenchman, a quiet but lovely girl from Interplast (an amazing charity that my work actually sponsors) and me.

Anyway if you see a show called winners and losers look out for me and my girls, we are the ones mouthing the words, knickers, pissing, penis, balls, vagina, cunt, fucking in mimed conversations hoping that some sly viewer will pick it up.  We are all adults aged 26 and up, but put us together in a school like situation and we may as well have our skirts hitched, chewing gum, hiding at the back of the building, smoking a ciggie (which we also did!) good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment